Application: Similar to a clock, the 10-omat has digits and both a large and a small hand. While the small red hand indicates the tens place, the large blue hand indicates the ones place. Whenever the ones hand moves clockwise or counterclockwise from 9 to 0 or from 0 to 9, the tens hand automatically advances or retreats one step. There is noticeable resistance when this happens, helping learners understand the counting system and the “magic” of the multiples of 10. It can be used independently or in conjunction with the 100-Net and the 100-Net & 10-omat Book.
Learning Environment: The 10-omat is designed for individual use by learners and can be used in both classroom and home settings.
Variants: The product is available in two variants: using the international numeral system or the Austrian school script. In addition to the regular 10-omat, there is a larger demonstration version that can be used by teachers in the classroom. This version includes an audible sound (“click”) during the tens transition, and can be mounted on the wall or placed on the table using the included stand. Additionally, a digital version of the 10-omat will be available soon.
Availability: The 10-omat can be purchased individually or as a set with the 10-omat demonstration version.
- Price: €39.90 including VAT, excluding shipping costs
- Contents: 1x 10-omat, 1x instruction manual
- Availability: Available from 1st December
- Delivery time: 2-3 working days
- Recommended Age: 6 to 8 years
- Learning Objectives: Numbers up to 99, tens transition, place value, addition, and subtraction
- Color: Black
- Country of Production: Germany
- international numeral system
- Austrian school script
- 10-omat individually (1 piece) – €39.90
- 10-omat Set (3 pieces of 10-omat, 1 piece of 10-omat demonstration version) – €194.90